Nanuet School District Mission
The Nanuet School District is committed to the personal development of each student so that upon graduation, he or she is prepared and inspired to apply learning in a changing, complex, and interdependent world.
Outdoor Education Center Mission
Realizing that we have a responsibility for the world in which future generations will live, the Nanuet Public School District created the Nanuet Outdoor Education Center.
Our overall mission is to:
- Cultivate a learning environment that provides unique educational experiences in the outdoors that enriches and supports existing K-12 curriculum across all disciplines and offers inspirations for new areas of hands-on, experiential learning.
- To develop students to become lifelong advocates for sustainability, conservation and healthy lifestyles.
- To foster team participation in outdoor activities responsibly and safely.
- To help students strive to model practices that minimize consumption and maximize use of energy and materials.
- To create an environment in which students discover their potential to excel as individuals in becoming committed educated citizens and contribute to their communities.
- Help students strive for a world outlook, global awareness and thoughtfully participate in the world we share.